Driving for the first time? Or you’re an experienced driver? Or do you have a personal driver? Regardless, distractions are inevitable when driving.
As much as driving is fun both for adults and young ones, there are a number of distractions that are likely to cause accidents whether you are an experienced or a first-time driver.
According to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, there are four types of distraction. These are:
• Visual Distraction: this occurs when a driver sees objects or occurrences and this distracts their attention from the road
• Cognitive Distraction: this happens when a driver is busy thinking about something unrelated to driving i.e. personal or family issues, unhappy marriage, lack of sufficient money etc. This will prompt the drivers less time checking the mirrors or observing the road
• Auditory Distraction: this occurs when sound interferes with a driver’s hearing by drawing his attention to whatever caused the sound i.e. loud blasting music oozing from another car’s stereo etc.
• Biomechanical Distraction: this happens when a driver is engaged in physical activities completely unrelated to driving, such as receiving or making a call, holding something or reaching down to pick something up, kissing and necking, eating etc.
FindADriver247.com, Africa’s number one platform for hiring drivers on a monthly or daily basis shares 3 ways to reduce distraction while driving:
1. Avoid distractions in the first place: recognise what makes you distracted in the first place. Self-assessment is a vital part of driving, so it is important to think about activities before you do them to evaluate whether they are safe. Quite often, drivers do things without realising that they are distracting activities, leaving them unaware of the extra risk this can cause.
2. Eliminate distractions when you become aware of them: once you become aware that you need to do something that would impair your focus, next step is to find a safe place to pull over first – although it is most advisable to try to plan ahead and reduce the likelihood of becoming distracted in the first place. Make sure you are ready to drive before setting off for a journey. If you are about to drive after an emotional event, then it is best to allow yourself time to cool down.
3. Limit in-vehicle technology: for many drivers these days, in-vehicle technology can be a major distraction. It is best to avoid having too many devices in one car, and acquaint yourself with how they work before you set off. This way you won’t have to fiddle with buttons whilst moving, resulting in a loss of focus on the road around you.
FindADriver247(dot)com is Africa’s number one platform for hiring drivers to drive you in your vehicles anytime, anywhere and any day.
The platform was created to eliminate the challenges associated with finding a reliable and trained driver as well as helping to provide vehicle owners with a plethora of payment plans to choose from.
With them, except when it’s inevitable, you do not need to put any driver on a monthly salary; you can only pay for the days you use the services of a driver you hire on the platform.
The platform also offers a replacement in case you don’t like a driver attached to you. In addition, vehicles and other properties of our customers are protected under relevant insurance policies that have been put in place in case of car theft by our drivers (which is highly improbable).
FindADriver247.com is owned and managed by Delivery Day Nigeria. All the drivers on our platform are staff of Delivery Day Nigeria, and are only available for daily or monthly hire at a very affordable rate.
Drivers are available for hire on any of the following packages: Pay As You Use (Nightlife, Wedding & Party, Intra-city, and Inter-state); Permanent (Individual & Family); Corporate (Schools, SMEs, Multinationals & Public Sector).
This service is only available in Lagos at the moment.
If you need current information on the forex market in nigeria and Authentic Pool information, then consider visiting this site again.
Nomie Autos Bonanza: get 30% discount on any car you buy; hurry, offer exists while stock lasts.
Follow us on twitter @newsbeatportal
Engage #SantexTech today to build & install inverters, training on inverters & other electronic designs, projects/kits. Call 08039574535
Click to join Talk Nigeria Today, a group where hot, controversial, and breathtaking issues are brainstormed upon.