Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Human Resource Assistant will be based in Damaturu, Yobe state and work under the supervision of the Base HR and Admin Officer.
- The Human Resource Assistant will provide support in developing and maintaining a filing system as well as maintaining office policies and procedures.
- He/she will provide support to the Base HR Officer for certain aspects of the recruitment process. The HR Assistant will also support the HR team in various aspects of the training and development of staff.
The specific Tasks and Responsibilities includes but are not limited to;
- Support the base HR Officer with new-employee orientations.
- Assist the base HR Officer in the practical organization of training as requested and maintenance of training files.
- Maintain all Action Against Hunger communication boards as directed by the HR Officer.
- Maintain a database of all staff information, documents, expiration dates, etc. and follow up with the appropriate staff member with any missing documents or information.
- Provide administrative support for staff welfare programs/activities.
- Provide administrative support for pension and salary account openings or changes.
- Be the focal point for dissemination of documents to the field offices.
- Distribution of pay slips to staff as well as updating electronic excel spreadsheets and contract database.
- Assist the base HR Officer in the collection and filing of documents to create complete recruitment files for all positions.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management or equivalent years of experience in HR/administrative support positions.
- Have an understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Have excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Pay excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have the capacity to analyze, synthesize and report large amounts of information.
- Have previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs preferably.
- Be fluent in one or more National/regional languages an asset (Hausa).
Note: Advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Deadline 5th October, 2017.
We hope you enjoyed reading the above post. How about helping us share the information to your fans and friends on social media? Meanwhile, you can rely on us daily for the latest and relevant free forex trading signals, free forex trading market news, free forex trading technical levels, weekly Pool draws, latest news from Nigeria and the world, educational articles and quality academic information, insurance news and scientific knowledge.
Do you need a classical ORGANIST or an excellent music teacher? CALL Fabian on 08033983034 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @newsbeatportal
Engage #SantexTech today to build & install inverters, training on inverters & other electronic designs, projects/kits. Call 08039574535
Click to join Talk Nigeria Today, a group where hot, controversial, and breathtaking issues are brainstormed upon.