Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Officer
Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- He/she will liaise with suppliers on daily basis, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- The Procurement Officer will also support the Logistics Manager in negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts.
- The Procurement Officer will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Logistics Manager.
- The Procurement Officer is in charge of preparing and collecting all documentation whilst ensuring compliance with Action Against Hunger procedures.
- Receive and process Purchase Requests (PR) on reception frequencies.
- Provide support in market analysis.
- Follow the mission’s procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
- Update the price catalogue with new purchase prices and/or suppliers or at least every two months.
- Prepare procurement dossiers for framework agreements and contract and update relevant monitoring tools (Procurement Follow Up and Contract Follow Up).
- Update and share the Procurement Follow Up (PFU) on weekly basis and monitor deliveries to the department/bases/programs
- Follow up the importation and clearance process of international shipments.
- Prepare purchase contract or Supplier Purchase Order (SPO) and coordinate with suppliers during the delivery of the goods and services.
- Arrange tender and other procurement meetings and take minutes.
- Ensure all purchasing dossiers are complete and properly filled before archiving.
- Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance with the contract, including initial meeting.
- Collect and prepare supporting documents related to contract implementation or modification.
- Ensure best available prices & quality, collect quotations, suppliers references.
- Ensure that PR includes all required specifications and supporting documents.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement or other related field.
- Fluency in one or more national/regional languages an asset.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems.
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position.
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels, multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Rigorous, with strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
Note: Advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Deadline 5th October, 2017.
We hope you enjoyed reading the above post. How about helping us share the information to your fans and friends on social media? Meanwhile, you can rely on us daily for the latest and relevant free forex trading signals, free forex trading market news, free forex trading technical levels, weekly Pool draws, latest news from Nigeria and the world, educational articles and quality academic information, insurance news and scientific knowledge.
Do you need a classical ORGANIST or an excellent music teacher? CALL Fabian on 08033983034 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @newsbeatportal
Engage #SantexTech today to build & install inverters, training on inverters & other electronic designs, projects/kits. Call 08039574535
Click to join Talk Nigeria Today, a group where hot, controversial, and breathtaking issues are brainstormed upon.