Fresh facts have emerged on the outcome of the first meeting that took place on Tuesday June 23, 2015 between the #president of the country, President Muhammadu #Buhari, and all the thirty-six #governors of the federation.
Contrary to the widely held view that the meeting was more of a briefing and update from the President to the Governors, the meeting was more of a cordial dialogue and collaboration.
In the course of the meeting, the governors, led by Chairman of the Governors Forum, Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara #State, presented a #wish list to the President that contained six key demands. These demands are all focused on ensuring a better revenue transparency in the nation.
The wish list presented to the president are highlighted below:
1. Obedience of extant Supreme Court ruling that all monies go into the Consolidated Federation Account.
2. An order from the President that all revenue generating agencies must pay into the Consolidated Federation Account
3. Review of the Revenue Allocation Formula
4. Refund of the monies expended by states on federal projects
5. A special consideration for the three states of the North East under Boko Haram infestation
6. Full details of the amounts that accrued into the Excess Crude Account from 2011, and how the money miraculously shrank without official sharing.
We hope you enjoyed reading the above post. How about helping us share the information to your fans and friends on social media? Meanwhile, you can rely on us daily for the latest and relevant free forex trading signals, free forex trading market news, free forex trading technical levels, weekly Pool draws, latest news from Nigeria and the world, educational articles and quality academic information, insurance news and scientific knowledge.
Do you need a classical ORGANIST or an excellent music teacher? CALL Fabian on 08033983034 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on twitter @newsbeatportal
Engage #SantexTech today to build & install inverters, training on inverters & other electronic designs, projects/kits. Call 08039574535
Click to join Talk Nigeria Today, a group where hot, controversial, and breathtaking issues are brainstormed upon.